Countdown to Freshers 2022
Congratulations if you successfully gained a place at Loughborough University!
You're one step closer to an amazing next few years, which we hope you've chosen to spend in Rigg-Rut.
We have a dedicated Facebook group that will be the hub for all information during freshers.
To gain access to this group, please send a screenshot of your accommodation confirmation email to Steven Mitchell, Megan Elkington and Lucy Henry on Facebook.
Find the Rigg-Rut Facebook page here: Hazlerigg Rutland Freshers 2022 | Facebook
We also have a wider hall group on Facebook. We'll make sure to invite you all at the end of freshers as we'll close down the fresher specific group after freshers is complete.
Your 2022 freshers theme is....
We think Freshers 2022 is going to be one of the most action-packed freshers we've experienced as a hall. We can't wait to get stuck in and see you all in September!
Your 2022 freshers timetable is coming soon!
Get ready to take a look at what we have in store for you during freshers and start getting your fancy dress ready!
What happens during freshers?
Move In Day
Rigg-Rut's Move In Day 2022 is 25th of September!
You must book a dedicated move in slot through the accommodation website, this is to prevent all freshers arriving at once, causing logistical problems for the university.
When you arrive on the day we will have a team of eager Fresher Helpers, on hand to help you get your ID card, key and move you into your flat. Once you’re all settled in you can come down to the Granby, our common room in the centre of halls, to find out more about hall life and what’s happening during freshers from our committee.
Freshers 2022 will run from 25th September-8th October. For details of each day/night event throughout the fortnight, please see the timetable.
The timetable for LSU events should be released towards the start of September (date to be confirmed).
Some other highlights during freshers are:
- Freshers Welcome Party - Your fun introductory night to the hall, campus and the Union
- Freshers Ball - A ball at the Union held at the end of Freshers with famous performers, rides, stalls and a lot more.
- LSU Day Events - Many fun events including Raveminton, Roller-Disco, UV Volleyball and more.
Freshers subs for 2021-22 are £145.
This price includes:
- £50 Hall subs-these are compulsory to take in any hall life across the whole year including Winter and Summer Ball
- £20 Freshers pack-this includes your freshers t-shirt, wristband and hall stash!
- £75 Freshers Events-this includes your entry to all the nights out, a day trip to Jump Giants, Rigg-Rut Day and more!
Your subs help to subsidise hall events throughout the entire year. This is a compulsory payment if you want to be involved in any aspect of hall life.
What to pay in Freshers
Fees that pay for events throughout the year including Summer Ball, sports events and trips off-campus.
There are 3 Types:
- Freshers Subs £145 – This fee is for 1st Years living in Rigg-Rut in 2021-22 and gives you access to all the privileges of the Returners Subs but also includes your Freshers Week Ticket! This pays for your all events during within freshers week. You need this to get involved with the activities going on in Hall during the two weeks of freshers such as entries and travel to clubs, day trips away, punch parties and more. You’ll get a wristband, a freshers pack and a T-shirt upon arrival - which lets us know you’ve bought it!
- Returners Subs £50 - Hall fees which all 2nd, 3rd, 4th years living in halls need to pay. These are paid at the beginning of the year to subsidise all hall activities throughout the whole year (e.g socials and inter hall sport matches/training), maintenance of the common room and a whole lot more. You need to pay these when you move into hall other wise you won’t be able to do anything within Hall, as you won't be registered as a Hall member. So don't worry, returners and committee pay subs too.
- Affiliate subs £10 - For students that live in town but still want to be part of the Rigg-Rut family. It also includes a free 'Rigg-Rut in Town' top. If you are living in town for the year but still wish to be part of the hall and get involved in activities such as IMS then you will need to pay for this.
Recommended – A payment made to LSU giving you free entry to all Union Night Events (every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) and special drinks deals in the bars on-campus. The cost is £149 for Platinum and full details can be found on the LSU Website. Despite not being compulsory, we highly recommend hall members purchase a platinum pass. It will provide a large saving across the year, even if you only plan on going out once or twice a week.
There are two gyms on-campus here in Loughborough, Powerbase and Holywell.
- Powerbase - Powerbase is our Elite Performance Suite, all Loughborough students and staff members are welcome to purchase membership, however the majority of the equipment based in this facility is specifically designed for performance training. Find out more here.
- Holywell - Holywell Fitness Centre is designed to cater for all fitness levels. With daily group fitness classes, over 75 pieces of the latest cardio equipment, an extensive free weights area and much more, there’s something for everyone! Find out more here.